
Joanna has been impatient to start school for a while She got a place at the local school in the nursery section, and so effectively started school a year early. She started school today, and was waiting by the door 1/2 hour before we had to go saying "I want to go to school NOW". Thankfully she was happy when we arrived, gave the three of us a hug goodbye, then proceeded to ignore us and play while we left.
Thankfully she has come home from school equally happy, and is looking forward to tommorow, which will be a full day for her.
Another mum and I commiserated each other at toddle in on the first day of school. It was very odd going without Joanna, John missed her too. Her being at nursery for 3 days a week for the last three years means that school isn't that different for her. But for me it's very different, as normally I'm either at work, or with Joanna. Now I had time during the day without her.
All in all a happy but slightly sad day today!
1 comment:
Oh but she looks so cute in her little uniform!! You've done an amazing job to raise such a lovely independent little girl :)
Post a Comment