Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1-2-1

I've just had a lovely afternoon with Joanna. Now Joanna is at school we are having a bit of a complex childcare arrangement, until I go on maternity leave. It does mean that I have monday and friday mornings with just John, and Wednesday afternoons with just Joanna. I've rarely had the luxuary of one to one time with them, except when the other one is asleep. Despite a little tiredness tantrum from Joanna this afternoon (hardly surprising with the 5:30 starts and the first week of school), we had a lovely afternoon going swimming, then having a treat at the cafe there afterwards. It felt like a mini holiday!

I'll just have to make the most of the next 6 weeks until I start maternity leave properly, and one to one time becomes rarer again.

1 comment:

Pippa McLaren said...

Hi Em
glad you're enjoying a bit of time with the big littlies. Don't forget babies do sleep a lot so you'll still get a bit of one on one with them both even after there's another! God designed them well - we adults need a bit of time awake while the babies sleep, can you imagine the chaos otherwise?!! Love Pip