Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Role Play

Joanna is big on her imaginative play. On the train at the weekend she spent a good 20 minutes or so making chocolate milkshake, then banana milkshake, then strawberry milkshake. It was pretty useful as the train was packed, and we didn't have her toys or magazines available. I wasn't so convinced when she wanted me to try the chocolate, banana and strawberry milkshake, but it didn't taste too bad.

John also enjoyed imaginative play, but it isn't as obvious, as he doesn't talk much. However in the bath the other day Joanna said "John, here's a piece of cake". I fully expected John to be grumpy that it wasn't a real piece of cake, however he gently took the "cake", making sure not to squash it in his hand, and had a good bite out of it, looking dead chuffed with himself.

1 comment:

Pippa McLaren said...

Wow that's cute! I hope baby no. 3 liked the milkshakes too. Although I imagine that he'll have to wait until you're feeding him on a train for the real milkshake!