Saturday, March 20, 2010

Really?

Two full weeks after my suspected miscarriage I had my second scan. The first scan had shown that I was 5 weeks, when I thought I was 7 weeks. I had therefore prepared myself for the worst, as I was convinced the pregnancy was over. After a stressful weeks wait, then an hours waiting in the hospital before the scan I was finally called in. I lay there staring at the ceiling, ready for them to say it still measured 5 weeks. When she said "Everything looks good" my response was "Really?"(very high pitched, unbelieving voice) Couldn't quite believe it. I then promptly burst into tears, and couldn't see the tiny blob, as my tummy was moving too much from tears and then laughter. Finally she showed my the little blob, and we could see the tiny flicker of it's heartbeat. Blob is 6mm long, about the size of a grain of rice.

Morning sickness is now morning and evening sickness, and I can burp with the best of them. I would say I'm more tired than normal, but as our kids rarely sleep through tiredness is a normal part of life. Unfortunately sickness is often worse in the night, so poor Mark is being chucked out to look after the kids more than normal. I really don't mind too much, as the previous week I had been getting all these pregnancy symptoms, but knew that didn't necessarily mean I was pregnant. I'm very grateful that it's all for a good cause.


Baby Gooding number three due around the beginning of November!


No comments: