Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Missing Daddy

Mark has got himself a great job that he loves. However it does mean a couple of foreign work trips (not holidays, Honest!) a year. Mark did a 48 hour trip to Chicago in November. I really didn't envy him that, with 8 hour flights both ways, and very little sleep. However I was a little jealous of his recent trip to Rotterdam - 4 nights in a hotel with no kid to wake him up! The kids had a pretty bad time while he wasn't there, they averaged 4 wakings a night. I think Joanna woke so much because she missed Mark. John's ear exploding on Friday morning gave away his reason for waking so much.
While Mark was away the volcanic ash grounded planes, and Mark's return flight was cancelled. Thankfully it just resulted in a long coach journey home, and he was only 12 hours delayed ( another bad night). He was shattered when he arrived home, but as expected the greeting from Joanna was a very tight cuddle. However last time Mark was away John wasn't particularly fussed. This time John gave him a great big cuddle and lay his head on Mark's shoulder while we walked across the car park. I went to take John to put him in the car. John looked at me, gave a cry, and gave Mark another really large cuddle, and wouldn't let go. I didn't think I'd been that grumpy while Mark was away!

1 comment:

Pippa McLaren said...

How gorgeous! It is a lovely stage when they really start needing their Daddy and interacting more with them than just Mummy - although a teeny selfish bit sad for us to not be the only one they want at times of crisis! Aidan is also a Daddy's boy now - all of the time - except when he woke up from his Grommets. Then he needed my lullabies! Glad you're all reunited, lots of love. Pip