Baby weight gain is an obsession of health visitors (and mine for the first few months). Naomi started life at 9lb 12 oz, a big baby, my biggest by over 1lb. By the time she was 2 month old she had dropped from the 95th to 70th percentile, so the health visitor was worrying about her dropping percentiles. I tried not to worry (with encouragement from my family) and checking Joanna's weight chart was helpful as by 2 months they were an identical weight. I suspect more of Joanna's weight was in her cheeks, but otherwise they are very similar. Looking back I should have realised she was so big as the last month of pregnancy was the hardest by a fair way, and the birth the most difficult.
The other interesting stat is the kids height. Daniel has put on about 6 inches in the last year. He is on the 90th percentile for height, not surprising if you see how much he eats (5 platefuls for lunch one day at nursery the other week) Joanna is exactly average for height, but the real surprise is John. He is 9th percentile, which I suspect will change if he starts eating well, but he doesn't eat as much as his siblings. I expected he would be nearer the top end, not only because we are tall, but he is taller than a lot of his class mates. However at 4 years old some of his class mates are nearly a year younger than him. If they continue in their percentile height then Daniel will be the same height as John when they are 5 and 7. Would make sorting clothes for them easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment