Thursday, January 10, 2013

Naomi Sian

Naomi Sian made her appearance at 3am onTuesday 6th November 2012.


Her labour was relatively uneventful, thankfully.  I was having irregular contractions during the day, and in the evening.  However I was nicely distracted from them by my family all being around, as pippa was visiting.  They all left in the early evening, as they were all tired, either from travelling from the other side of the world, or getting up far too early to get to the airport.
At 9 the contractions were 5 mins apart for a while, but faded away so I went to bed.  At 11:30 I was woken, and called pip and lu to come and babysit.  We left as soon as they arrived, and got to hospital by about 1:30 am.

I got the disco room at the spires midwife centre.  Complete with mirror ball, 6ft glowing light stick and   Twinkly stars!  When we had looked around that was the most disturbing room, but with the lights static it wasn't too bad, but with the changing colours and movement it wasn't good!

I won't go into too many gory details, but my waters went at about 2:40, and it was then apparent that this was not going to be a quick delivery like Daniel, who just shot out.  Naomi had her hands across her chest, and so it was extremely painful, and took a fair bit of adjustment by the midwives to get her out.  Mark wasn't able to catch her, but did get to see her peeking out!

However despite the last bit it was only 3 1/2 hours proper labour, and the recovery has been very quick, so I am very grateful for that.

We got home at 8:30, and got to introduce Naomi to Joanna and John before they went to school.

Joanna was such a proud big sister, and gave her a lovely cuddle.  Daniel jumped up onto the sofa next to Joanna and held his hands up to Naomi saying "my baby", and was equally proud to cuddle Naomi.  John shows his affection in a more reserved way, but was happy to help carry her car seat into the doctors the next day.

We have had a lovely few days, spending time with my family and getting to know Naomi.

No comments: