Warning - self indulgent post coming up, but I wanted to remember!
My kids are growing up so much. John and Daniel have just moved up a car seat, and Daniel now looks much more comfy. However the biggest change of them all is that Daniel can now use a bit of sign language. If we say "more" he signs more! I couldn't believe it when it happened today, he's only 8 months old, but I was so impressed with him. I don't know if he connected it to getting more food yet, but it still amazed me. He's also trying to hard to crawl and move around. Today he did his first push backwards, which always seems to be a precursor to crawling forwards. It now seems that he will be going backwards when we arrive at new wine, so we'll see if he retreats under the pods in the tent like John.
John is now regularly saying three word sentences ("hold my hand", "out my way", "stop whining Joanna", that sort of thing) It is wonderful to hear his speech improve as it's been a while coming. His imaginative play is also fab. Today there were sharks in the grass(water), so he grabbed my hand, while shouting "shark" and rescued me by taking me to the boat (towel).
Joanna always seems so grown up, another example today was that at a friend's birthday party she really understood the party games, even just 6 months ago it was a bit more hit and miss if she understood them.
My babies are not such babies anymore. Only one solution to that then.... ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
tee hee! good way to end that blog :)
Oh my word they are growing up. Don't wear your body out though Em, I can testify that going from feeding to pregnant and back again is a real strain!
Post a Comment