Friday, August 13, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes...

Joanna is quite astute in many of the things she says now. We were walking back from the village last week, and out of the blue she said "When I'm grown up I'm not going to live with you any more". She knows how to hit hard! My aim in raising her is to help her grow up and be independant, but she's only 3 and I don't want to think about her not living with me.
At breakfast this morning she said "When you're 30 you'll be old", then went on to explain that I had a few grey hairs, and that I'd just keep getting more.
Hmmm, perhaps I don't want to hear all her thoughts yet! I am trying to teach her some tact, but at the moment it revolves around her being able to call me fat, but no one else.

1 comment:

Pippa McLaren said...

Well she'll be doing better than my father-in-law if she masters that one at least!