Wednesday, October 14, 2009

You know your a mum when II

You can go from fast asleep to running in one second flat....

Sleep isn't going well for us at the moment. If they both sleep till 5:30 then that's a good night, but often one or the other or both wake during the night, and then early too.

I'm normally stirred from my sleep gently, and take a little while to decide if I have to get up, or if they'll go back to sleep. Last night Joanna woke at 2am, but screamed the house down. I couldn't believe how quickly I got into her room. I then couldn't quite believe that she wasn't dying. Finally the adrenalin slowed down.

After some comforting from me she demanded Daddy. Then it emerged that a bee landed on her :-(

It's the first time she's properly articulated a nightmare, but she didn't realise it was a dream. Mark had to chase the bee out of her room, and explain that moose would scare them away for her.

There were two good parts to this. John didn't wake - despite the screams and the flash of light as I switched on the light to try to see what was killing Joanna. The second good thing was that Daddy was needed. For a while Joanna has been having tantrums if Mark goes in, but last night she was back to needing her Daddy.

No comments: