Saturday, October 31, 2009

Words

Joanna is pretty fluent now, I realised this last week when I tried to explain a word to her, and realised I hadn't done that for ages. There are still Joannaisms - "mingos" are flamingos, "pliglet" and "plink"

When she doesn't know a word for something she'll come up with a good guess. The baubles at the shop today were bubbles, but my favourite at the moment was to do with the mat around the toilet at her auntie's house today. Despite me suggesting it was a toilet mat it is in fact a toilet bib.

John is also doing well with his words, in fact he has so many we are thinking of getting him into mensa. He says Duck (Du), Dog (Du), That (Du), Joanna (Nana), Daddy(Dada - note that is entirely different to Du, honest), Mummy (mama), Television (Du), Snake (Du), Encyclopaedia (Du).

No comments: