Saturday, September 27, 2008

The waiting game

This pregnancy we are much more impatient than we were last time. Each night we go to sleep we wonder if it will be tomorrow. Because Joanna was a week early we are expecting TinyBaby to be early too. TinyBaby is now later than Joanna was, although we do realise our dates weren't as accurate this time round. As he hasn't arrived we are resorting to desperate measures, even though we don't know that they work, and most people would wait till after their due date. In the last few days I've had a curry, gone for a nice walk, and stopped off for a pineapple juice at the pub afterwards. I've not had any placebo tea this time (rasberry leaf tea), so maybe that has made a difference.

I had been sure TinyBaby had engaged, but the midwife said that he hasn't, and she expected to see me next week. (Well having had 6 midwives through this pregnancy it won't actually be her, but that's another story) Joanna wasn't engaged shortly before her birth, so the midwife said that it is possible I have a pelvis that babies don't engage in till the last minute.

Anytime in the next 3 weeks we will expect TinyBaby to make his appearance, but the suspense is getting to us both!

No comments: