We went camping last week, yes camping with a toddler and a 7 month old bump. We did have lots of people say we were brave (I think they meant crazy), however it did just work. The first two nights Joanna was brilliant, she slept through till around 7am, and went to bed without a wimper. She didn't complain about having soggy feet/trousers, and seemed to enjoy being in the "gaa" - garden most of the time, when it wasn't raining. Then she started teething.
Lack of sleep, being squashed in a wet tent unable to get out, lots of rain, a sometimes grumpy toddler and a hormonal me meant I cried more in those 7 days than in the previous 7 weeks.
However we are planning to do New Wine again next year. Spending time with good friends and with God was well worth all the hassle. It might even be easier next year, as Joanna *might* know boundaries a bit more, and TinyBaby will hopefully be sitting or crawling, but definatly not running.
I guess I ought to talk about being pregnant and camping. Airbeds - fantastic until they deflate too much. Now I'm heavier than Mark I hit the ground first. However a little bit of deflation is good for raising your head and shoulders about your stomach so that heartburn is slightly reduced.
We only have one small table, so bending down to wash up/give Joanna a bath/cook/search for stuff in boxes was tricky. Also getting out of the seats to chase Joanna didn't really happen. Thankfully I was camping with some lovely people who looked after me(and Joanna) well.
Showering - the showers were pretty good, but the queues to get to them not so good. Having a toddler meant we only got to one main evening meeting, so I could shower then, when I had the showers to myself. However I like showering in the morning, every morning, and being pregnant I smell/notice that I smell (or is that just Mark being nice?) more. No one else complained though, so I think I got away with it!
Our next holiday is going to be much more civilised, looking forward to that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment