Friday, July 4, 2008

Long wait

I have my next midwife appointment next thursday. It's now been nearly 3 months since I last saw the midwife, and it's been a long wait. There has been scanning in between those dates, but it really feels like I've been left to get on with it, without any checks.

I imagine that it is because they know I can carry a baby to term, so that is one reason for less checks than in the first pregnancy. However it is always reassuring having checks done to see that everything is fine.

I imagine the appointment will be the usual underwelming time - a quick wee sample, blood pressue and then getting to hear the heart, which will be great. I'll also get to winge about all the niggling pregnancy issues for her to tell me that they are normal.

Oh well - only 26 days left at work before maternity leave!