Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ssshhhhh!

I'm a fake. I have to omit a lot of the truth when talking to people, even with just a simple question like "how are you", which receives a cheery "good thank", or some such. All I really want to say is I feel sick :-( We haven't told anyone yet, well except a couple of close friends. So if we haven't talked to you much during this time it's not that we're avoiding you, but more that we don't want to hide things from you!

Why keep it a secret? With Joanna we waited till we saw the little heartbeat at our first scan. We then told most people by showing the scan pictures/video. We couldn't allow ourselves to get excited till the 12 weeks were up, and we knew the baby was likely to make it. We mainly didn't want to tell people in case things went wrong, and we would have hated to have told lots of people, then have to tell them bad news. This time I realise that I'm still keeping it a secret from people I will probably tell if it goes wrong. I think the main reason for that is so that when we tell them they can be properly excited, rather than having to join us in the long first trimester wait. It's now 2 weeks till our first midwife appointment, and 4 weeks till the scan.


Better go and.... actually there is nothing to do for this baby except sit back, relax and brew it some more.

No comments: