John is being assessed again by the speech therapist, and I hope that she will feel he has made progress since he last saw her before the summer holidays. He is talking and chatting a lot more than he used to. It seems that he found it so much effort to talk before that he would only talk about essential things. Now however he chats about being a super hero, going flying, rescuing people, buildings being on fire, it is really wonderful to hear what he is thinking about. Maybe they are essential topics to him.
Daniel is also making progress with his words. He is saying short sentences, my favourite so far was when mark brought home some boxes from work, and was playing with the kids, and Daniel pipes up "where daddy hiding". He is still quite unclear with some of his words, and I don't really know how much is me worrying unnecessarily about pronunciation. I really don't want to go through the same stress about speech with Daniel as we have with John, as it really impacts so much of our lives.
Not much to say about Joanna and her talking, it just continues to be a delight to talk to her. She is a great big sister, as I often look at her when I don't understand John and she can generally interpret for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment