Sunday, August 19, 2012

Swimming

One of the good things about Daniel going to nursery is that I get a bit of time to do fun stuff with the older two, that he can't do.  I took them swimming on Friday, and we could stay in the water for longer than normal, and we had a whale of a time (see what I did there?).  Joanna practiced her drowning dolphin impression, where she tries to swim under water and gets a few meters after flapping around like a dolphin, and appears coughing, splutter and looking very proud of herself. John also enjoyed himself, although he's decidedly less inclined to get his head or face wet.  The only bad bit was when I showed John his fingers after an hour.  He got quite upset that his fingers had gone wrinkly, and his toes, and I had to assure him that his fingers would be back to normal shortly.  He now seems to think that hot chocolate from the leisure centre cafe has magic de-wrinkling properties.

No comments: