Saturday, November 22, 2008

Obsessions

As a parent of a new born I seem to have two obsessions at the moment. The first one is sleep, which there never seems to be enough of. However John is going to sleep earlier (10:15pm yesterday), and sleeping longer in the nighttime (He woke at 5:30 this morning). He did shout at about 2am, and I got out of bed, said "that's not very good", and then realised he'd stopped shouting, so I went back to bed too. He was good and went back to sleep after his 5:30am feed, but unfortunately Joanna had woken up, so I couldn't sleep again.

My other obsession is weight. John put on an amazing 1lb in one week, however in the last two weeks he only put on 10oz, which had me worried a little. Unfortunately my doctor seems to be a little worried about my weight too, so I'm back on the 3 meals + 2 large snacks a day routine. I gave up breast feeding Joanna partly because I was run down and underweight, and I've got at least another 3 1/2 months of breast feeding before the start of weaning.

John is becoming much more alert during the day, and today only napped for 5 minutes at a time between about 10:30 and 5. He's looking around a lot more, and today I think I got the first few smiles from him. He's finding his voice too, and makes some lovely gurgles. He also is pretty shoutie, but if he sleeps at night I can cope with a lot!

No comments: