Monday, June 9, 2008

2nd time

As TinyBaby is my second child I sometimes get asked about the differences of this pregnancy to the last one. It's an interesting question, so I thought you might like to know the answer.

The major change is that I have less time to think about this pregnancy. Because of looking after Joanna the number of times I have forgotten that I'm pregnant is much larger than last time.

The wonder of it is still there, as I'm sure the wonder of a new born will be just as big this time. Perhaps not for everyone else, but to us it will be just as awsome.

The other major change this time is that the morning sickness has been much worse, and I've felt awful a lot more than I did with Joanna. This may be related to being unable to get the sleep I did last time. I used to come home from work and nap till Mark got home. This time I couldn't do that as Joanna needed me. I did however manage to get some sleep when she did at lunchtime when I wasn't working. I wonder if the morning sickness is related to the fact he's a boy, but that's difficult to know. I am now in the nice stage of pregnancy, and physically feel fine, just like last time. Unfortuanatly I can't be as careful about lifting as I was last time - when Joanna needs carrying she needs carrying! However TinyBaby seems pretty resiliant.

We've also decided that if people want to know the name he will have then we'll tell them. This is because it's a family name, and has been known by some people for a long time. If we do have more children we might keep their names a surprise, who knows.

Size wise I got larger quicker, and before our 12 week scan I was wondering if it was twins. However my growth has levelled out, and I don't think I'm any/much bigger than I was at this stage last time.

That's all the differences I can think of off the top of my head.

No comments: