I told someone at church that I was expecting again, and after the normal congratulations etc the next question was "was it planned". Bit of a funny question - I've had a baby already(planned), it's a reasonable age gap between the two - why would you think it wasn't? Did she expect me to confess that I really didn't want this baby??
The next question was the one that annoyed me though - or more accurately the response. "Are you going to give up work" When I said that I was having to return to work I got a roll of the eyes. So if you don't approve of me going back to work keep your opinion to yourself! It's hard enough having to leave a baby in nursery, without other people making me feel worse. I'll just blame it on her being an older woman, and ignore it. I'll also comfort myself with the fact that Joanna seems to enjoy nursery, and I think it is good for her to socialise with other babys and people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And given how much other people adore her, you could be viewed as incredibly generous for sharing Joanna around a bit. Lucky nursery staff...
also, were you really up at 548am this morning? ouch :(
Post a Comment