Tuesday, April 5, 2011

hey ho hey ho, it's off to work I go

I've just heard that my (very nice) boss has accepted my (rather greedy) terms for going back to work. I feel very blessed that I can continue to work, but also try to still have time with my kids. I should be doing term time only, 9-2, mon - Thursday. This works out at roughly 2 days a week. My life will be a mixture of extremes - weeks of being a "full time" mum to three young children, then weeks of being a working mum, trying to get us all out of the house by 8:30.

When I go back in September Joanna will be at full time school. John will continue to go to playgroup, which he loves. (He had a tantrum outside the gates last week - because he couldn't go in!) The main problem has been trying to find somewhere for Daniel to go. I phoned up lots of nurseries in the area, and only found one which had enough flexibility so that I can afford to go back to work. I'm off to see it (again) in a couple of days, and hopefully will be happy with it, and Daniel will enjoy it too. It's the one in the village, and as I'll have to pay for some holidays I will probably still send Daniel during the half terms, so being very local to home is a big advantage.

However I'm loving maternity leave, and being able to spend so much time with Daniel. I'm sure it will be difficult leaving him, and that I'll feel like I'm missing part of myself when I first leave him. From experience I do know that it gets easier, and although I'm concerned about how we'll manage the large amounts of housework that three children create, hopefully it will work out well. If not I'll just have to go on maternity leave again ;-0

Just to add - we really didn't like the nursery, so we've managed to find another one near where I work, which looks fantastic.

No comments: