Having two children is hard. Far harder than I imagined. I knew to expect a shock with Joanna, and therefore it wasn't too bad(And despite her colic she slept well). However I thought I had parenting sussed until John arrived and suddenly I had to divide my time, and get significantly less sleep. When some friends congratulated us on our pregnancy with John and warned us of the 6 months of no sleep we laughed, hmmmm.
However we are reaping the rewards to having two children. Joanna demanded some music on, and started bouncing and dancing to Abba (poor child!). John was in his door bouncer and the shrieks of laughter from both of them had me in fits of giggles too. Every time Joanna jumped John laughed, and every time John laughed it caused Joanna to laugh and bounce more.
This evening I had one of those moments that you hope you will always remember. Both kids were sat on my lap, and we were singing "this is the way the farmer rides". Seeing them both laugh as they went "down into the ditch" was brilliant and we must have been covered in mud by the time we had been in that ditch so many times. John also enjoys that when Joanna is running round "trotting" to the song.
We went to post a letter and Joanna was very excited by all the puddles. We were so busy enjoying Joanna splashing that it was only John's shreaks of laughter that made us realise he was enjoying watching her too.
It does make the harder times worth it - like the constant cry from me of "sorry John", "I'm here John", "Just a moment Joanna", and the fact that they seem to know to alternate waking in the night.
John is learning to move, which will bring a new challenge, but I'll enjoy what I've got for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment