Monday, May 19, 2008

20 week scan

We had our 20 week scan today, and everything appears to be fine. It's confirmed that it's a boy, which is a relief as I'd got used to that, and to have to get used to a girl now would be a shock(and choosing a name would be a pain!). The only slight anomaly, which isn't a problem, is that I have an extra bit of placenta which I think is called a shelf. It is an extra flap of material which carries a slight risk of the baby getting it's limbs caught up in it. However after 20 weeks the chance of that happening reduces dramatically, and the sonographer was entirely unconcerned about it. So I will be too.
We didn't get any images, TinyBaby was hiding his face. As we're going for another scan in a few weeks(maybe week 24) we'll try again then. We did manage to get a nice scan of the heart for Mark's research, so if you want to see TinyBaby's heart just ask!

No comments: